Thursday, March 17, 2011

Driving Music

Today, I didn't do a lot of reading. Instead, I took Juliette to her grandparents, and I got a chance to listen to some music on the way home. So, this post will just be videos of a couple of songs I listened to, some for the first time, and really like right now. To start off, I heard Brother Ali's "Fresh Air" for the first time. (Odd since I listen to a number of songs off of that album regularly. Anyways, I really like "Fresh Air" because it talks about being content and happy with your life. The video I found on Youtube is cleaned up lyrically, so enjoy.



The next song is Krs-One's "Outta Here."



Sage Francis' "I was Zero"



They Will Destroy You's "Quiet." I heard this at the end of the ESPN documentary on the Fab Five and really liked it.



Less Than Jake's "Johnny Quest Thinks We're Sellouts." I found the CD/DVD reissues of Losing Streak and Hello Rockview for $2 each at a Friends of the Library Sell. So, I listened to almost all of Losing Streak, singing very offe key to every song. Oh the memories.



Finally, The Everyday Visual's "Limb From Limb." I really like this video, so please enjoy and comment. I will return, in a day or two, with comments about literary works.

No comments: